Narsarsuaq Nature and History
Combine a 3 nights / 4 days escorted tour to Narsarsuaq and Narsaq in South Greenland with a stay in Reykjavík, Iceland, on your first and last night to make a unique 5 night break!
Narsaq is known as the Pearl of South Greenland. It is a charming village, where you can get a feel for the real Greenland and enjoy the Arctic nature up close with a fertile plain suitable for easy hikes and walks. There are also excellent day tour options available as the Inland Ice Cap and several glaciers are located not far from the town.
- Explore the small but beautiful village located in the amazing fjord systems of South Greenland
- Visit the Inland Ice Cap and several glaciers which are easily accessed by boat on one of our many excursions in the area.
- Enjoy a city walk/tour in Narsarsuaq the area where Eric the Red decided to settle and where he found inspiration to name the new land: Greenland.
- Pre and post night in Reykjavik with option to add on more nights to enjoy Reykjavik
- Option to visit the famouse Blue Lagoon in Iceland
Day 1 - Arrival in Iceland
Arrival at Keflavík International Airport, transfer to your hotel in Reykjavík where you will spend one night.
Optional Excursion - Visit to the Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa
If time allows you may want to visit the world famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa on the way from the airport as it is ideally located between Keflavik and Reykjavík. Enjoy the lagoon for as long as you like then take the transfer to your hotel in central Reykjavik. Enjoy Reykjavik by night.
Day 2 - Iceland - Greenland/Narsarsuaq
Transport from Reykjavík to Keflavík Airport. Afternoon flight from Keflavik Intl. Airport to Narsarsuaq.
Meet and greet by Arctic Adventure destination guide. Transfer to the nearby Hotel Narsarsuaq for check-in, information meeting and guided tour of Narsarsuaq.
- ERIK THE RED'S VIKING RUINS | 3 HOURS
- TASIUSAQ & KAYAKING | 8 HOURS
- THE VILLAGE OF IGALIKU | 8 HOURS
- QOOROQ ICE FJORD | 3 HOURS
- HIKE TO THE ICE CAP | 8 HOURS
- SHORT HIKE TO THE RIDGE | 3 HOURS
Included meals: Welcome dinner at the hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel Narsarsuaq
Day 3 - Narsaq
Transfer from hotel to the pier and by boat through Eric's Fjord to Narsaq. Meet and greet by Arctic Adventure guide. Transfer to the hotel for check-in, information meeting and guided city walk.
- EASY HIKE - THE DYRNÆS PENINSULA | 3 HOURS
- BY BOAT TO THE INLAND ICE CAP | 4 HOURS
- HIKE TO KVANEFJELD | 5-6 HOURS
Included meals: Breakfast
Accommodation: Hotel Narsaq
Day 4 - Day at leisure at Narsaq
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and selec from optional excursions. See list on day 3.
Included meals: Breakfast and farewell dinner
Accommodation: Hotel Narsaq
Day 5 - Greenland/Narsaq - Iceland/Reykjavik
Enjoy breakfast and farewell coffee with your guide before heading back to the airport. Transfer boat back to Narsarsuaq through the fjord system.Transfer from pier to airport for Air Iceland afternoon flight from Narsarsuaq to Keflavik Intl. Airport.
Included meals: Breakfast
From Keflavik Airport you will receive transport to your hotel in Reykjavik.
Day 6 - Departure to UK
Transfer from the hotel in Reykjavik to Keflavik airport or prolong your stay to have more time to enjoy the northernmost capital of the world.
Optional Excursion: If you did not have time to go the Blue Lagoon on your arrival day we recommend a trip today if flight time allows.
Narsaq is a small but beautiful village located in the amazing fjord systems of South Greenland. Not far from the town you will be able to visit the Inland Ice Cap and several glaciers. They are all easily accessed by boat on one of our many excursions in the area. In the outskirt of the village you will see Kvanefjeldet tower majestically - a mountain which is known to be teeming with different minerals, it may well play an important role in Greenland's future focus on the mining industry.
This tour includes a short stay in Narsarsuaq, the area where Eric the Red decided to settle and where he found inspiration to name the new land: Greenland. Beside the viking history that dominates the area, Narsarsuaq is also the only international airport of South Greenland with quite an amazing military history.
Departures: every Tuesday and Friday from 16 June until 29 August 2017
Price is from £2,195* per person based on 2 people sharing double/twin room
Single room £2,495* per person
*Subject to availability
- Return flights from the UK including 20kg luggage allowance, taxes and fees
- 2 nights accommodation in Reykjavík, 3 star standard hotel including breakfast
- x2 Return shuttle bus airport transfer between Keflavík International Airport and Reykjavík Hotel
- Return flight Keflavik Airport-Narsarsuaq-Keflavik Airport including airport taxes
- Return Hotel/airport transfers in Greenland
- 1 night at Hotel Narsarsuaq in standard room including breakfast
- 2 nights at Hotel Narsaqin standard room including breakfast
- Welcome and farwell dinner with your guide
- City walk/tour in Narsarsuaq and Narsaq
- Arctic Adventure destination guide on hand during your holiday
- Booking fee £10 per person
- ATOL Protection fee £2.50 per person (only applicable if flights are booked through All Iceland)
- Debit/credit card fees
- Optional Excursions
- Travel Insurance
- Anything else not specifically listed under "this includes"
Why book with All Iceland?
All Iceland is a UK based travel company that specialises in Iceland
Book with the Icelandic experts!
Our office is staffed and run by Icelanders, we promise intimate local knowledge from where to stay to places to eat and the hidden gems that you will not find in tourist guides. We will help you get the holiday you want and we can adapt this package. Book through us and your holiday will also be fully ATOL and ABTA protected. Travel with confidence!
Contact us and we can help you:
- to stay longer and discover more, this package can be extended -
- to book additional excursions -
- if you have specific accommodation requirements -
- to book this package with or without flights -
All Iceland cooperates with all the airlines that fly to Iceland, Icelandair, Wow air, easyJet and British Airways. We can assist you to find the optimal flight package. The airlines fly to Keflavik International airport.
Icelandair operates flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast City. Icelandair offers 3 classes, Economy, Economy Comfort and Saga Business Class.
WOW Air operates flights from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Dublin and Bristol
EasyJet offers flights from London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
British Airways offers flights from London Heathrow
We can provide a package with or without flights. When enquiring about a specific holiday package, let us know what airport you prefer to fly from.
Air Iceland offers Domestic flights between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Akureyri, Egilsstaðir, Ísafjörður, Vopnafjörður, Grímsey and Þórshöfn.
Fugfélagið Ernir offers Domestic flights to Vestmannaeyjar, Höfn, Húsavík, Bíldudalur and Gjögur.
All Iceland offers holiday packages to Greenland and Faroe Islands in addition to Iceland. We work with the following airlines that offer flights to these destinations.
Atlantic Airways offers flights from Edinburgh to Faroe Islands
Air Greenland offers flights from Copenhagen to Greenland
Air Iceland offers flights from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Faroe Islands and Greenland
At All Iceland we tailor make holidays for our customers.
With this in mind you cannot book this holiday directly on the website but please send us an enquiry or give us a call and we will help you to create your once in a lifetime holiday. Contact our team of Icelandic Experts today and start planning with us!