Grand Tour of South Greenland - 9 Nights
Experience the ultimate highlights of South Greenland and the Arctic nature combined with your first and last night in Reykjavík, Iceland. This tour will take you around the 'Golden Triangle' of South Greenland covering most aspects of Greenlandic history and everyday life in the Arctic. Pre- and post night in Iceland with option to stay before longer in Iceland.
- The Golden Triangle
- Visit the highlights of South Greenland
- Stay your first and last night in Reykjavík, Iceland
ITINERARY - 9 Nights
Day 1 – Arrival in Iceland
Arrival at Keflavík international Airport, transport to Reykjavík where you will spend 1 night before your Greenland Adventure begins.
Depending on your arrival time you might want to visit the Blue Lagoon on the way from the airport. Transport to the hotel. Enjoy your evening in Reykjavik. You might want to take a tour – how about Whale Watching midnight tour!
Day 2 - Head to Greenland
Evening flight with Air Iceland from Keflavik to Narsarsuaq Airport.
Transfer from the airport to the pier and by boat through Eric's Fjord to Qaqortoq where your Arctic Adventure guide will be waiting on the harbour. After check-in dinner will be served followed by an information meeting.
Included meals: Welcome dinner at hotel
Accommodation: Hotel Qaqortoq
Day 3, 4, 5 and 6 - Leisure days with optional excursions
- HIKE AROUND STORESØEN | 4 - 5 HOURS
- HVALSEY CHURCH RUIN | 3 HOURS
- HOT SPRINGS OF UUNARTOQ | 4-5 HOURS
- BOAT EXCURSION TO THE INLAND ICE CAP | 5 HOURS
Breakfast at the hotel.
Travel in style by helicopter flying in low altitude over the Arctic landscape to Narsarsuaq where an Arctic Adventure guide will be waiting.
Transfer to the hotel for check in, information meeting and tour of Narsarsuaq.
- ERIK THE RED'S VIKING RUINS | 3 HOURS
- TASIUSAQ & KAYAKING | 8 HOURS
- THE VILLAGE OF IGALIKU | 8 HOURS
- QOOROQ ICE FJORD | 3 HOURS
- HIKE TO THE ICE CAP | 8 HOURS
- SHORT HIKE TO THE RIDGE | 3 HOURS
Included meals: Breakfast
Accommodation: Hotel Narsarsuaq
Day 8 - Last day in Greenland
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure in Narsarsuaq. We would recommend going on a Iceberg Safari to the Qoroq Glacier to experience Arctic nature up close. And don't forget that this was the area where Eric the Red first settled - a visit to the remains of his farm Brattahlid is a must!
Celebrate your last night in Greenland with dinner in the hotel restaurant.
Breakfast at the hotel. Day at leisure before your Air Iceland flight back to Keflavik. Transport from Keflavík to Reykjavík. Enjoy your last night in Iceland.
Included meals: Breakfast
Day 10 - Departure for home
Pick up from hotel about 3 hours before your flight departs. Depending on flight time you may want to spend the morning in Reykjavík or visit the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa if you have not had a chance to do so. Depart for home.
Departures: Fridays and Wednesdays from 16 of June to 23 of August 2017
Price from £2,495* based on 2 people sharing a double twin room
Single supplement: £2,495*
*Subject to availability
Included in the holiday:
- Return flight to and from the UK to Iceland, including luggage allowance, taxes and fee
- Pre- and post night in Reykjavik Iceland, 2 nights at 3 star hotel including breakfast
- Return airport transport in Iceland to and from Reykjavik hotel
- Return flight to and from Iceland to Greenland and boat transfers with all taxes
- Transfers in Greenland
- Accommodation with private facilities and breakfast in Greenland as per itinerary
- 2 dinners included in Greenland
- Arctic Adventure destination guide in Qaqortoq, Narsaq and Narsarsuaq
- Guided city walks/tours as per itinerary
- Welcome and farewell meeting with your guide
- Booking fee £10 per person
- ATOL Protection fee £2.50 per person (only applicable if flights are booked through All Iceland)
- Debit/credit card fees
- Optional Excursions in Greenland and Iceland
- Travel Insurance
- Anything else not specifically listed under "this includes"
All Iceland cooperates with all the airlines that fly to Iceland, Icelandair, Wow air, easyJet and British Airways. We can assist you to find the optimal flight package. The airlines fly to Keflavik International airport.
Icelandair operates flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast City. Icelandair offers 3 classes, Economy, Economy Comfort and Saga Business Class.
WOW Air operates flights from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Dublin and Bristol
EasyJet offers flights from London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
British Airways offers flights from London Heathrow
We can provide a package with or without flights. When enquiring about a specific holiday package, let us know what airport you prefer to fly from.
Air Iceland offers Domestic flights between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Akureyri, Egilsstaðir, Ísafjörður, Vopnafjörður, Grímsey and Þórshöfn.
Fugfélagið Ernir offers Domestic flights to Vestmannaeyjar, Höfn, Húsavík, Bíldudalur and Gjögur.
All Iceland offers holiday packages to Greenland and Faroe Islands in addition to Iceland. We work with the following airlines that offer flights to these destinations.
Atlantic Airways offers flights from Edinburgh to Faroe Islands
Air Greenland offers flights from Copenhagen to Greenland
Air Iceland offers flights from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Faroe Islands and Greenland
At All Iceland we tailor make holidays for our customers.
With this in mind you cannot book this holiday directly on the website but please send us an enquiry or give us a call and we will help you to create your once in a lifetime holiday. Contact our team of Icelandic Experts today and start planning with us!