Reykjavik Marathon 2017
The Reykjavík Marathon is a popular event for the experienced runner, but all the family can take part in this event as well. When you are running in Iceland in August, the temperature is perfect – never too cold and never too hot.
The Marathon will be held on the 19th of August 2017. All Iceland is offering a 3 night package, 18-21st of Agust 2017.
- Reykjavik Marathon
- Participants can choose between six different distances
- The Running conditions are usually extremely comfortable
- Experience Reykjavík Culture Night
ITINERARY SUGGESTION - 3 NIGHTS
Day 1 - Welcome to Iceland
Departure from UK, arrival at Keflavik International Airport. Airport transfer to your accommodation in Reykjavik. Accommodation is located in central Reykjavik, double/twin room in BB or 3 star standard hotel with breakfast. Reykjavík is an exciting modern city with lots to see and do or if you want to relax visit one of the many spas and swimming pools. We will send you plenty of suggestions of things to see and do in the city.
Day 2 - The Reykjavík Marathon and Culture Night
The Marathon starts and finishes in Lækjargata in central Reykjavík. See Lækjargata on a map. The information center will be in a building behind the big white school building by the start/finish (see photo below). To get to the information center it is best to go on the left of the school building. It is open on race day from 7:30 to 15:00.
Timetable for Race Day at Lækjargata on August 19th 2017
- 08:40 Marathon, Half Marathon and Relay
- 09:35 10 km
- 12:15 Fun Run, 3 km
- 14:40 End of race timing
Reykjavik Culture Night
This event takes place on the same day as the marathon and is a delight for everybody to enjoy. Culture Night offers free entertainment, fireworks and international and local artists. People from all around the country and from abroad travel to the capital to enjoy various cultural events. This is truly an art festival with all kinds of happenings all over town, be it theatre, music, fine arts, food or just fun.
Day 3 - Leisure Day
Iceland has spectacular scenery and much of this is only an hour or two from Reykjavik. Reykjavik is the jumping off point for many day and half-day trips like; Golden Circle Tour, Volcano Super Jeep Tours, Blue Lagoon Spa, Walk on Glacier, Super Jeep and Snowmobiling, Snorkelling, River Rafting and more options. We can send you some suggestions for day and half day excursions which we can arrange for you.
Day 4 - Departure to the UK
Optional Activity: Visit to the Blue Lagoon via airport
If flight time allows, you can take an optional trip to the world famous Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa on your way to the airport. The lagoon is ideally located between Reykjavik and Keflavik International Airport and therefore it is convenient to use this time to visit before your flight. Enjoy the Blue Lagoon for 2-3 hours. You can book a treatment if you like, have a lunch at the Blue Lagoon or just relax in this wonderful spa. Continue on to Keflavik International Airport about two hours before your flight.
If you do not wish to visit the Blue Lagoon, you will be picked up from your hotel approximately 3 hours before your flight.
- The 30th Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon will take place in Reykjavik City on Saturday 19th August 2017
- The start is at 8:40 a.m. for the marathon, half marathon and relay race (42.2 km).
- The Marathon and the Half Marathon are one lap of the city, beginning and ending in the city centre. The 10km is only the first part of the course. Every km will be clearly marked.
- The race is timed by Champion Chip Electronic timing. Each participant gets a disposable chip that is linked to his/her name and number. This data chip has to be securely fastened to the runner’s shoe to give correct results (in 10km, 21km and 42km).
Distance / Age limit
- 42.2km marathon, 18 years and older
- 21.1km half marathon, 15 years and older
- 10km race, not recommended for runners younger than 12 years old
- Relay race (42.2km), 12 years and older 3km fun run, all age groups
- 1km Lazy Town Run, children up to 8 years old
Travel dates: Flexible around 18- 22 August 2017
|From £625* per person based on two people sharing double/twin room in basic Bed & Breakfast accommodation with shared facilities|
|From £780* per person based on two people sharing double/twin room with private facilities|
*Price is subject to availability
- Return flights from the UK including 20kg luggage allowance, taxes and fees
- Bus transfer to and from Keflavik airport
- 3 nights accommodation in central Reykjavik, B&B including breakfast or 3 star hotel if you upgrade
- Representative from All Iceland on hand during the trip
- Booking fee £10 per person
- ATOL Protection fee £2.50 per person (only applicable if flights are booked through All Iceland)
- Debit/credit card fees
- Optional Excursions
- Travel Insurance
- Anything else not specifically listed under "this includes"
Why book with All Iceland?
All Iceland is a UK based travel company that specialises in Iceland
Book with the Icelandic experts!
Our office is staffed and run by Icelanders, we promise intimate local knowledge from where to stay to places to eat and the hidden gems that you will not find in tourist guides. We will help you get the holiday you want and we can adapt this package. Book through us and your holiday will also be fully ATOL and ABTA protected. Travel with confidence!
Contact us and we can help you:
- to stay longer and discover more, this package can be extended -
- to book additional excursions -
- if you have specific accommodation requirements -
- to book this package with or without flights -
All Iceland cooperates with all the airlines that fly to Iceland, Icelandair, Wow air, easyJet and British Airways. We can assist you to find the optimal flight package. The airlines fly to Keflavik International airport.
Icelandair operates flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast City. Icelandair offers 3 classes, Economy, Economy Comfort and Saga Business Class.
WOW Air operates flights from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Dublin and Bristol
EasyJet offers flights from London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
British Airways offers flights from London Heathrow
We can provide a package with or without flights. When enquiring about a specific holiday package, let us know what airport you prefer to fly from.
Air Iceland offers Domestic flights between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Akureyri, Egilsstaðir, Ísafjörður, Vopnafjörður, Grímsey and Þórshöfn.
Fugfélagið Ernir offers Domestic flights to Vestmannaeyjar, Höfn, Húsavík, Bíldudalur and Gjögur.
All Iceland offers holiday packages to Greenland and Faroe Islands in addition to Iceland. We work with the following airlines that offer flights to these destinations.
Atlantic Airways offers flights from Edinburgh to Faroe Islands
Air Greenland offers flights from Copenhagen to Greenland
Air Iceland offers flights from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Faroe Islands and Greenland
At All Iceland we tailor make holidays for our customers.
With this in mind you cannot book this holiday directly on the website but please send us an enquiry or give us a call and we will help you to create your once in a lifetime holiday. Contact our team of Icelandic Experts today and start planning with us!