New Year Celebrations in Style
BEST SELLER! Join the fun, fireworks and festivities around Reykjavik. New Year's eve in Iceland certainly goes with a bang! The sky at midnight lights up with fireworks as the Icelanders enjoy their celebration.
This exclusive tour package includes 4 nights in Reykjavik. During your stay a number of excursions and activities are included, such as the Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot springs, Reykjavík city tour, visit to a traditional Icelandic open-air village museum, Viking restaurant with an experience of traditional medieval music, Icelandic horse show, geothermal greenhouse visit at a local farm, a geothermal power plant exhibition and the Blue Lagoon. The New Year's Gala Dinner is enjoyed at the spectacular Harpa concert and conference hall, which is located in the city center close to the old marina harbor. The square in front of Harpa is an ideal location for viewing fireworks over Reykjavik downtown, and it is the only place in town with a countdown to midnight that appears on the glass facade of the famous building.
- Fully guided tour program guaranteed to celebrate the arrival of the New Year 2018 in style!
- Explore Iceland's most famous attractions including Gullfoss Waterfall, Þingvellir National Park, Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa and Geysir hot springs
- Stay in Reykjavík the capital of Iceland and enjoy a Gala Dinner on New Years Eve at the iconic Harpa Concert Hall
THE TOUR ITINERARY - 4 nights
Day 1 - 29th of December - Welcome to Reykjavík (50 km / 31 miles)
Arrival in Iceland. Non-guided transfer from Keflavik International Airport to accommodation in Reykjavik.
Day 2 - 30th of December - Golden Circle, Greenhouse Visit and Horse Show including lunch (260 km / 162 miles)
Tour starts at 09:30. Our fist stop is the national park of Þingvellir. This UNESCO world heritage site is the most important historical place in Iceland. It was in the year 930 that Icelanders gathered from all over the country and formed the Althing – the world’s first democratic parliament. While it now meets indoors in Reykjavik, this same kind of national assembly operates today. The park has some wonderful spots to walk through to sense the atmosphere of long past times. Þingvellir is not only important for Icelandic history, but also it is a place of unique geological interest, where the two continental plates can be seen slowly drifting apart. The Great Atlantic rift is clearly visible in Þingvellir; it is a rift that is slowly pulling Iceland apart along tectonic plates and you can literally walk between the American and Eurasian continental plates. From there we continue to Geysir, passing the village of Laugarvatn. We will explore the hot spring area of Geysir - multicolored pools of water and mud. Strokkur, the Great Geysir's little brother, is spouting to a height of about 25 meters and erupts at about 5-7 minute intervals. After lunch (included) we drive to the mighty Gullfoss (the Golden Waterfall), perhaps the most beautiful in the country. We walk around Gullfoss Falls, where the river Hvitá tumbles 32 meters in a double cascade. After Gullfoss we head to Fridheimar – a geothermal greenhouse farm where they grow fresh tomatoes all year around. We continue to the Eldhestar riding center to watch the popular horse show about the Icelandic horse, which has light feet, amazing balance, and ability to master five gaits rather than just the traditional three. We reach Reykjavik around 18:30. Dinner on your own.
Day 3 - 31st of December - City Tour, Whale and Folk Museum, Viking Lucnh and New Year Celebration at Harpa (50 km / 31 mls)
We start at 09:00 with a Reykjavik city tour and see the highlights of Iceland´s exciting capital including the Whales of Iceland museum that features models of dolphins and whales in their life sizes. Then we head to the lava town of Hafnarfjörður where we experience a Viking lunch while listening to traditional Icelandic folk songs at a famous local restaurant. After that we visit the open-air museum of Árbæjar and learn about the way how Icelanders lived in the past. We return to the hotel around 15:30. Please note that during this tour our guides give out individual tickets for the Gala dinner in Harpa showing your table number, and the GJ-Travel badge which allowes you the following: participation in the bonfire tour, re-entrance to the Harpa concert hall, and the return transfer back to the hotel (scheduled for 00:30, 01:00, 01:30 or 02:00).
HARPA FESTIVE DINNER AND BONFIRE TOUR
After the city tour, you will be transferred to your hotel. Transfer from hotels to Harpa starts at 17:30. There will be a welcome drink upon arrival to Harpa. The Gala Dinner is served in the conference area on the ground floor between 18:15-20:15 (starter, soup and main course). After the main course, which is around 20:15, our guides expect you outside the main entrance door for the transfer to the evening Bonfire & Christmas Light Tour. Departure to the bonfire is at 20:30. You visit one of many bonfires all over the city of Reykjavík and experience how many Icelanders celebrate New Year’s Eve. The bonfire tour takes about two hours. Good shoes, warm clothing, head-wear and gloves are needed. After the tour you go back to Harpa. Live band is playing between 22:30-23:30 and 00:30-01:30/02:00. Dessert & a coffee are served around 23:00. At 23:45, doors open to go outside to view fireworks and celebrate the New Year by following the countdown that is lit up on the building of the concert hall. At midnight, sparkling wine will be served. For those who would like to dance their night away, the transfer back to the accommodation is at 00:30 / 01:00 / 01:30 and 02:00.
Day 4 - 1st of January - New Years Day - Reykjanes Peninsula and the Blue Lagoon (150 km / 93 mls)
At 10:30 we leave Reykjavik and explore the Reykjavik peninsula with its dramatic sea shores, fascinating geology, moonscapes, lava fields and fishing villages. The guided tour starts in Bessastaðir, the residence of the Icelandic president, and continues to the Viking World Museum in Reykjanesbær to visit an authentic Viking ship model that sailed across the Atlantic ocean to New York in year 2000. After a light lunch (all-you-can-eat soup) that is included, we continue to the bridge over the continents and a light house located at the edge of the Reykjanes peninsula. During this time we also visit a geothermal power plant that explains how Icelanders benefit of clean geothermal energy in their daily lives. We reach the Blue Lagoon for photographs at 16:00 or 17:00 (depending on the group you are in), to experience an oasis in the lava that owes its existence to a nearby geothermal power plant, looming large over the aqua tinted waters. We stop for 2 hours for a refreshing bathe or a swim in the pleasantly warm mineral-rich water, reputed for its healing properties. A dinner will be served in the LAVA restaurant (part of Blue Lagoon) between 19:30-21:00. Starters and deserts are brought to the table but main course is served buffet-style. After dinner, we continue to Reykjavik. Depending on weather, we will do a northern light hunt by bus on the way from the Blue Lagoon to Reykjavik. Arrival to your hotel is between 22:00-24:00.
Day 5 - 2nd of January - Departure Day (50 km / 31 mls)
Transfer without guide to Keflavik Airport.
Travel dates: 29th of December 2017
The price is from £2,035* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room depending on your preferred hotel accommodation
*Subject to availability
- Return flights from the UK including 20kg luggage allowance, taxes and fees
- Return FLYBUS airport transfer (without guide)
- 4 nights accommodation including breakfast, see accommodation choices below
- Reykjavík Grand City Tour from 09:00-15:30 with an English speaking guide
- Golden Circle Tour from 09:30-18:30 with an English speaking guide
- Bonfire & Christmas Light Tour from 20:30-22:30 with an English speaking guide
- Blue Lagoon & Reykjanes Tour from 10:30-22:00/24:00 with an English speaking guide
- Included in the Blue Lagoon: Entrance, Rental towel, One Blue Lagoon drink per person
- Entrance to Whales of Iceland museum
- Entrance to Árbæjar open-air museum
- Entrance to the Viking World museum
- Entrance to the Energy for Life exhibition in Reykjanes
- Icelandic horse show
- Visit to Friðheimar geothermal greenhouse farm
- Lunch during the Reykjavík Grand City Tour and the Golden Circle Tour
- Light lunch & 3-course dinner during the Reykjanes & Blue Lagoon Tour
- 4-course Gala dinner & party at Harpa with live music, welcome drink, ½ bottle of wine, glass of sparkling wine & return transfers on the 31st December
- Use of snow & ice gripper spikes during nature excursions
- Booking fee £10 per person
- ATOL Protection fee £2.50 per person (only applicable if flights are booked through All Iceland)
- Debit/credit card fees
- Optional Excursions
- Travel Insurance
- Anything else not specifically listed under "This Includes"
- CenterHotel Plaza - Superior Room, price from £2,035* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room (triple room available)
- Hótel Klettur - Standard Room, price from £2,045* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room (triple room available)
- Fosshotel Lind - Standard Room, price from £2,075* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- Fosshotel Baron - Standard Room, price from £2,075* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- Hotel Skuggi - Standard Room, price from £2,239* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- Hotel Holt - Standard Room, price from £2,289* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- Hotel Radisson Saga - Standard Room, price from £2,069* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- Hotel Radisson Saga - Business Room, price from £.2,199* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room (triple room available)
- Fosshotel Reykjavík - Standard Room, price from £2,279* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- City Park Hotel - Standard Room, price from £2,295* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- Hotel Reykjavik Centrum - Standard Room, price from £2,439* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- Grand Hotel Reykjavík - Superior Room, Standard Room, price from £2,445* per person based on two people sharing a double/twin room (triple room available)
Why book with All Iceland?
All Iceland is a UK based travel company that specialises in Iceland
Book with the Icelandic experts!
Our office is staffed and run by Icelanders, we promise intimate local knowledge from where to stay to places to eat and the hidden gems that you will not find in tourist guides. We will help you get the holiday you want and we can adapt this package. Book through us and your holiday will also be fully ATOL and ABTA protected. Travel with confidence!
Contact us and we can help you:
- to stay longer and discover more, this package can be extended -
- to book additional excursions -
- if you have specific accommodation requirements -
- to book this package with or without flights -
All Iceland cooperates with all the airlines that fly to Iceland, Icelandair, Wow air, easyJet and British Airways. We can assist you to find the optimal flight package. The airlines fly to Keflavik International airport.
Icelandair operates flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast City. Icelandair offers 3 classes, Economy, Economy Comfort and Saga Business Class.
WOW Air operates flights from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Dublin and Bristol
EasyJet offers flights from London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
British Airways offers flights from London Heathrow
We can provide a package with or without flights. When enquiring about a specific holiday package, let us know what airport you prefer to fly from.
Air Iceland offers Domestic flights between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Akureyri, Egilsstaðir, Ísafjörður, Vopnafjörður, Grímsey and Þórshöfn.
Fugfélagið Ernir offers Domestic flights to Vestmannaeyjar, Höfn, Húsavík, Bíldudalur and Gjögur.
All Iceland offers holiday packages to Greenland and Faroe Islands in addition to Iceland. We work with the following airlines that offer flights to these destinations.
Atlantic Airways offers flights from Edinburgh to Faroe Islands
Air Greenland offers flights from Copenhagen to Greenland
Air Iceland offers flights from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Faroe Islands and Greenland
At All Iceland we tailor make holidays for our customers.
With this in mind you cannot book this holiday directly on the website but please send us an enquiry or give us a call and we will help you to create your once in a lifetime holiday. Contact our team of Icelandic Experts today and start planning with us!