Laugavegur Ultra Marathon 2017
SOLD OUT!! Laugavegur is the most famous trail in Iceland. Enjoy running in the unspoiled nature and view some really incredible landscapes. Laugavegur Ultra Marathon is a 55 km mountain race that will be taking place for the 20th time. Next year's race will be held on the 15th of July 2017. Registration will open in January 2016.
- Run a Marathon in the untouched highlands of Iceland
- Laugavegur Ultra Marathon is a 55 km mountain race that will take place for the 21st ime in July 2017
- Combine with a break in Reykjavík, the capital of Iceland
SUGGESTED ITINERARY - 3 NIGHTS
Day 1 - Arrival
Departure from the UK - arrival at Keflavik Airport. Enjoy Reykjavík by night.
Day 2 – Laugavegur Running Tour
Laugavegur is located in the southern highlands of Iceland and connects the nature reserves Landmannalaugar and Thorsmork. Due to its location, Laugavegur is serviced for only a few weeks a year.
For many runners the Laugavegur Ultra Marathon is the most enjoyable race in Iceland. The course takes runners through areas of outstanding natural beauty at the same time as being a challenging course. Hikers normally cover this distance in four days. The course is multi-terrain; sand, gravel, grass, snow, ice, rivers and streams.
The race is open to both men and women of 18 years old and over. It is very important that participants are well trained and prepared for mountain running.
Day 3 - Relax or explore Reykjavík
The day is yours to kick back after the race or if you´re up for it, explore Reykjavik and the surrounding countryside. Iceland has spectacular scenery and much of this is only an hour or two from Reykjavik. Reykjavik is an exciting modern city with lots to see and do. Relax in one of the many spas and swimming pools or book one of our fantastic day tours such as whale watching, snorkelling and caving. We will send you plenty of suggestions of what to do with your free day including the “must see´s” in the city.
Day 4 - Departure
Depending on your flight time, you may have the chance to enjoy the morning in Reykjavik or visit the world famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa.
Optional activity: Visit to the Blue Lagoon via airport
If flight time allows, you can take an optional trip to the world famous Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa on your way to the airport. The lagoon is ideally located between Reykjavik and Keflavik International Airport and therefore it is convenient to use this time to visit before your flight. Enjoy the Blue Lagoon for 2-3 hours. You can book a treatment if you like, have a lunch at the Blue Lagoon or just relax in this wonderful spa. Continue on to Keflavik International Airport about two hours before your flight.
If you do not wish to visit the Blue Lagoon, you will be picked up from your hotel approximately 3 hours before your flight.
Departure Date: 14-17th of July 2017 (with option to extend)
|From £995* per person based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room|
|Single supplement: from £1095*|
*Price is subject to availability
- Return flights from the UK including 20kg luggage allowance, taxes and fees
- Bus transfer to and from Keflavik airport
- 3 nights accommodation in Reykjavik city centre in a 3 star hotel with breakfast
- Bus transfer to and from Keflavik airport
- Bus transfer to the race
- Race fee
The following is included in the Race fee:
- Surveillance and security measures
- Water and energy drinks at refreshment stations located in Hrafntinnusker, Álftavatn, Emstrur and Ljósá Toilet facilities at Hrauneyjar, Landmannalaugar, Hrafntinnusker, Álftavatn, Emstrur and Húsadalur in Þórsmörk
-Transport of luggage to Bláfjallakvísl and to Húsadalur in Þórsmörk
- Event medal, winner’s medal, age category winner’s medals, team winner’s medal
- Showers (divided by gender) and shelter for changing at Húsadalur in Þórsmörk but please save the water so everyone can take a shower.
- Access to a hot tub so remember to bring swim suits.
- Services of a doctor and nursing staff at Húsadalur in Þórsmörk as necessary
- Timing and a bib number that must be visible at all times so that the staff can see clearly who are runners and who are not
- A white runner's bracelet that runners will be issued with and must wear in the competition to gain access to the facilities available Information
- Transport back to Reykjavik for those unable to meet time limits
- Booking fee £10 per person
- ATOL Protection fee £2.50 per person (only applicable if flights are booked through All Iceland)
- Debit/credit card fees
- Optional Excursions
- Travel Insurance
- Anything else not specifically listed under "this includes"
Why book with All Iceland?
All Iceland is a UK based travel company that specialises in Iceland
Book with the Icelandic experts!
Our office is staffed and run by Icelanders, we promise intimate local knowledge from where to stay to places to eat and the hidden gems that you will not find in tourist guides. We will help you get the holiday you want and we can adapt this package. Book through us and your holiday will also be fully ATOL and ABTA protected. Travel with confidence!
Contact us and we can help you:
- to stay longer and discover more, this package can be extended -
- to book additional excursions -
- if you have specific accommodation requirements -
- to book this package with or without flights -
All Iceland cooperates with all the airlines that fly to Iceland, Icelandair, Wow air, easyJet and British Airways. We can assist you to find the optimal flight package. The airlines fly to Keflavik International airport.
Icelandair operates flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast City. Icelandair offers 3 classes, Economy, Economy Comfort and Saga Business Class.
WOW Air operates flights from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Dublin and Bristol
EasyJet offers flights from London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
British Airways offers flights from London Heathrow
We can provide a package with or without flights. When enquiring about a specific holiday package, let us know what airport you prefer to fly from.
Air Iceland offers Domestic flights between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Akureyri, Egilsstaðir, Ísafjörður, Vopnafjörður, Grímsey and Þórshöfn.
Fugfélagið Ernir offers Domestic flights to Vestmannaeyjar, Höfn, Húsavík, Bíldudalur and Gjögur.
All Iceland offers holiday packages to Greenland and Faroe Islands in addition to Iceland. We work with the following airlines that offer flights to these destinations.
Atlantic Airways offers flights from Edinburgh to Faroe Islands
Air Greenland offers flights from Copenhagen to Greenland
Air Iceland offers flights from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Faroe Islands and Greenland
At All Iceland we tailor make holidays for our customers.
With this in mind you cannot book this holiday directly on the website but please send us an enquiry or give us a call and we will help you to create your once in a lifetime holiday. Contact our team of Icelandic Experts today and start planning with us!