Iceland Noir - Festival of Crime Fiction
It is still being organised and more authors and events will be added... stay tuned icelandnoir.com
- A weekend of thrilling crime and entertainment
- Scheduled tours which include: Northern Lights hunt
- Two days of panels and author interviews in the heart of Reykjavik
- Optional dinner at a top Icelandic restaurant
- Optional tours - Crime Scene Day Trip Reykjanes
- Siglufjörður the scene of Ragnar Jónasson's Dark Iceland novels. This would be a two-day trip for a limited number of people to the north of Iceland
Day 1 - Arrival
Arrival at the Keflavik Airport. Take your transfer to Reykjavik. Accommodation located in central Reykjavik double/twin room including breakfast.
Festival start at the Nordic House in the afternoon.
Northern Lights Hunt Tour: Pick up at 10.00 pm from your hotel, duration 3-5 hours.
The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis are a spectacular natural phenomenon. The locations visited are different every tour since we go where it’s most likely to see the Northern Lights each day. You will travel on a coach to the best locations with an English speaking guide. This tour weather dependent and sightings are not guaranteed. If you do not see the lights on the first evening you are welcome to join the tour again free of charge the following night.
Day 2 - Iceland Noir
Separate registration required for the workshop.
Day 3 - Iceland Noir
8.00 pm Iceland Noir Dinner (Separate registration required for the dinner - details announced later on).
Day 4 - Optional - "Mystery Tour" - Overnight stay in the North of Iceland Siglufjörður
We're hoping to arrange a trip to Siglufjörður, the scene of Ragnar Jónasson's Dark Iceland novels. This would be a two-day trip for a limited number of people to the north of Iceland (weather permitting). Price from £395 per person - limited availability.
Day 4 - Optional - "Crime Scene Day Trip"
Reykjanes, duration 8 hours (not includedin in the package price)
Day 5 - Departure
Departure to the UK from Keflavík International Airport
Optional: Visit to the Blue Lagoon
If flight time allows, you can take an optional trip to the world famous Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa on your way to the airport. The lagoon is ideally located between Reykjavik and Keflavik International Airport and therefore it is convenient to use this time to visit before your flight. Enjoy the Blue Lagoon for 2-3 hours. You can book a treatment if you like, have a lunch at the Blue Lagoon or just relax in this wonderful spa. Continue on to Keflavik International Airport about two hours before your flight.
Travel Dates: 2018
Price is from £595 per person based on two sharing a double/twin room
*Subject to availability
- Return flights from the UK including 20kg luggage allowance, taxes and fees
- 4 nights accommodation in central 3 star hotel in Reykjavík, including breakfast (upgrade to 4 star hotel, Hotel Borg, a limited number of rooms available)
- Bus transfer to and from Keflavik airport
- A Northern Lights hunt coach tour, duration 3-5 hours
- Booking fee £10 per person
- ATOL Protection fee £2.50 per person (only applicable if flights are booked through All Iceland)
- Debit/credit card fees
- Optional Excursions
- Travel Insurance
- Optional lunch and dinner at the event
- Anything else not specifically listed under "This Includes"
Why book with All Iceland?
All Iceland is a UK based travel company that specialises in Iceland
Book with the Icelandic experts!
Our office is staffed and run by Icelanders, we promise intimate local knowledge from where to stay to places to eat and the hidden gems that you will not find in tourist guides. We will help you get the holiday you want and we can adapt this package. Book through us and your holiday will also be fully ATOL and ABTA protected. Travel with confidence!
Contact us and we can help you:
- to stay longer and discover more, this package can be extended -
- to book additional excursions -
- if you have specific accommodation requirements -
- to book this package with or without flights -
All Iceland cooperates with all the airlines that fly to Iceland, Icelandair, Wow air, easyJet and British Airways. We can assist you to find the optimal flight package. The airlines fly to Keflavik International airport.
Icelandair operates flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast City. Icelandair offers 3 classes, Economy, Economy Comfort and Saga Business Class.
WOW Air operates flights from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Dublin and Bristol
EasyJet offers flights from London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
British Airways offers flights from London Heathrow
We can provide a package with or without flights. When enquiring about a specific holiday package, let us know what airport you prefer to fly from.
Air Iceland offers Domestic flights between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Akureyri, Egilsstaðir, Ísafjörður, Vopnafjörður, Grímsey and Þórshöfn.
Fugfélagið Ernir offers Domestic flights to Vestmannaeyjar, Höfn, Húsavík, Bíldudalur and Gjögur.
All Iceland offers holiday packages to Greenland and Faroe Islands in addition to Iceland. We work with the following airlines that offer flights to these destinations.
Atlantic Airways offers flights from Edinburgh to Faroe Islands
Air Greenland offers flights from Copenhagen to Greenland
Air Iceland offers flights from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Faroe Islands and Greenland
At All Iceland we tailor make holidays for our customers.
With this in mind you cannot book this holiday directly on the website but please send us an enquiry or give us a call and we will help you to create your once in a lifetime holiday. Contact our team of Icelandic Experts today and start planning with us!