Iceland Country Life
Best Seller! This round-the-island fully guided coach tour shows you the ever-changing scenery of the Icelandic countryside: mountains and valleys, volcanoes, glaciers, rivers, hot springs and waterfalls. This is an ideal tour for those who want to experience the whole variety of Icelandic landscape, culture and history in one week. You visit two of Iceland’s three national parks and there are opportunities to walk in the beautiful countryside most days during the tour. Accommodations are in simple and clean country hotels, and all rooms are with private facilities.
- Exciting excursions such as Whale Watching, boat trip on the glacier lagoon and a soak in Lake Mývatn Nature baths
- Visit national parks, Skaftafell National Park and Skógar folk museums
- The perfect mix of culture, history and nature with 1-2 hours of easy walking per day
Day 1 - Arrival (50km/31miles)
Airport transfer from Keflavík Airport to your hotel in Reykjavík. Overnight stay in Reykjavík.
Day 2 - Reykjavík City Tour and the West of Iceland (170km/105miles)
After a Reykjavík city tour head north from Iceland's capital to West Iceland where we are introduced to the Icelandic sagas in the settlement center in Borgarnes. The afternoon is filled with impressive natural spots: Deildartunguhver, one of the most voluminous hot springs in Europe and Hraunfossar, the unique waterfall that drains from under vast lava fields into the river Hvítá. End the day with Icelandic history at the cultural site at Reykholt. Overnight is in West Iceland.
Day 3 - Volcanos and The Waterfall of the Gods (445km/276miles)
Start the day with climbing a volcano crater within an old lava field in the West of Iceland. Afterwards travel through the fertile farmlands and fjord landscapes of Northwest Iceland, we visit the beautiful town Akureyri, Iceland’s second largest city. Then stop at the unique Goðafoss, “The Waterfall Of The Gods,” before reaching our accommodation in Northeast Iceland where we stay for the next two nights.
Day 4 - Whale Watching and Myvatn Nature Baths (150km/93miles)
Begin the day by going out to sea with a 3 hour whale watching cruise from the town Húsavík (weather permitting). We tour the Lake Mývatn area, one of the most fertile areas in the World, so close to the Arctic Circle. The lake’s unique features are shaped by nature - strange lava formations, pseudo craters, attractive bays filled with thousands of birds. There we stroll through the lava field of Dimmuborgir and soak at the Mývatn Nature Baths.
Day 5 - Dettifoss, Vatnajokull National Park and East Iceland (330km/205miles)
Today starts by exploring the geothermal area of Námaskarð, a myriad of hot mud springs in widely different colours. See the impacts of volcanic activity at Krafla. Then we travel to Dettifoss, Europe’s most powerful waterfall in the northern part of Vatnajökull National Park. From there we head through the uninhabited highlands to East Iceland, and spend the night.
Day 6 - Jökulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and the South East (420km/260miles)
It’s a day to enjoy the dramatic fjord landscape and its tiny fishing villages at the end of twisty roads in the East Fjords. See Vatnajökull - the largest and most voluminous glacier and one of the largest in area in Europe. It is located in the south-east of the island, covering more than 8 percent of the country. Past the town of Höfn, we stop for a boat ride amongst the floating icebergs on Jökulsárlón "Glacial River Lagoon". The night is spent near Skaftafell on the southern part of Vatnajökull National Park.
Day 7 - Vatnajokull National Park and Skogar Folk Museum (340km/211miles)
Visit Skaftafell at the Vatnajökull National Park, covered by ice and nestled below Iceland’s highest mountain, the 2110 meter Hvannadalshnjúkur. Then cross the sandy desert of the south coast, overlooked by mountainous cliffs, glaciers and waterfalls. We stroll along the black lava beach and bird cliffs near the village of Vík. Iceland’s past comes alive at the Skógar folk museum with its turf houses. Overnight in South Iceland.
Day 8 - The Golden Circle (210km/130miles)
We see classics today. Start with a horse show that introduces the unique qualities of Iceland’s special breed. Follow this with Golden Circle sights: Gullfoss the beautiful double “Golden Falls”; the active geothermal area of Geysir, where we can see Strokkur “The Churn” spout up to 25 meters (70 feet) every five to seven minutes. A visit to ancient Viking Parliament area of Þingvellir National Park tops it off before returning to Reykjavík.
Day 9 - Departure
Airport transfer from your hotel to Keflavík Airport
- This tour has an average of 1-2 hours of walking each day, meaning several short walks of 10-30 minutes to see and explore the different nature and history sites. It is an easy tour for nearly everyone to participate in. This is not a hiking/walking tour.
- Total mileage without airport transfer is about 2.065 km (1.280 miles), which is an average of 295 km (183 miles) per day. You spend about 4 hours per day on the bus, depending on road conditions, traffic and daily distances. On some days the driving might be longer than on some other days.
- We reserve the right to alter routes without prior notice due to road conditions.
- NATURE FEES: There is a possibility that some of the nature attractions around Iceland might charge an entrance fee during the trip. These entrance fees are not included in the tour price and need to be paid by all tour members additionally on the spot, when entering any of these nature sites. Locations, amount of entrance fee, form of payment and other details are not known at the present time and are subject to change.
Travel dates: Departures June - September 2017
|September:||From £2,599* per person based on 2 persons sharing a double/twin room (Triple room available) |
Single room supplement from £750*
|June - August:||From £2,749* per person based on 2 persons sharing a double/twin room (Triple room available) |
Single supplement: from £750*
|VIP Seating||Price is £295* per person (get 2 seats for yourself throughout tour, not applicable for airport transfer).|
*Price is subject to availability
- Return flights from the UK including 20kg luggage allowance, taxes and fees
- 8 Nights accommodation, 2 nights Reykjavik (before and after tour) and 6 nights in the country side, including breakfast and private facilities
- 7 day fully guided tour
- Return airport transfer
- Visit to two national parks
- Whale watching tour (weather permitting)
- Boat trip on glacial lagoon
- Introduction to Icelandic horse
- Entrance fee to the Nature Baths at Lake Mývatn
- Admission to Icelandic settlement center
- Entrance fee to Skógar folk museum
- Average of 1-2 hours easy walking per day
- x8 breakfast, x6 dinners (3 course or buffet), dinner in Reykjavík not included.
- Booking fee £10 per person
- ATOL Protection fee £2.50 per person (only applicable if flights are booked through All Iceland)
- Debit/credit card fees
- Optional Excursions
- Travel Insurance
- Dinners in Reykjavik and Akureyri
- Any service not specifically listed under "included"
Departure Dates 2017
|Saturday||01..07.17 - 09.07.17||SOLD OUT!|
|Saturday||15,07,17 - 23,07,17||ON REQUEST|
|Saturday||29,07,17 - 06,08,17||SOLD OUT!|
|Saturday||12,08,17 - 20,08,17|
|Saturday||26.08.17 - 03.09.17||SOLD OUT|
|Saturday||09.09.17 - 17.09.17|
|Saturday||23.09.17 - 01.10.17|
Duration: 8 nights
Group size: Maximum 28 passengers
Meals: 9x breakfast and 6x dinner (3-course or buffet) from dinner on the second day to breakfast on the last day. Lunch stops will be made at restaurants or café-shops en route. Dinner on Reykjavík nights not included.
VIP seating: Supplement for guaranteed window seat on escorted coach tours which includes a window seat and next seat remaining empty (passenger gets two seats) as well as a pillow and blanket for. Seats will be reserved in the front rows of the bus. Price from 150 GBP per person for duration of tour, available on a first come first served basis (not applicable for airport transfer).
This tour gives you a good impression of the country life in Iceland, experiencing nature and culture in harmony, visit two national parks. An average of 1-2 hours of walking each day, meaning several short walks of 10-30 minutes to see and explore the different nature and history sites. It is an easy tour to participate in, not a hiking/walking tour. Good walking boots are needed, as well as waterproof clothing.
Accommodation is provided in simple but clean hotels with private facilities. Most of our groups will stay at the following hotel (subject to change):
*Fosshotel Reykjavík, Reykjavik with breakfast (first and last night on tour)
* Fosshotel Reykholt, West Iceland
* Fosshotel Húsavík, Northeast Iceland
* Hotel Hallormsstaður, East Iceland
* Hotel Skaftafell, Southeast Iceland
* Hotel Örk, Hveragerði, South Iceland
Why book with All Iceland?
All Iceland is a UK based travel company that specialises in Iceland
Book with the Icelandic experts!
Our office is staffed and run by Icelanders, we promise intimate local knowledge from where to stay to places to eat and the hidden gems that you will not find in tourist guides. We will help you get the holiday you want and we can adapt this package. Book through us and your holiday will also be fully ATOL and ABTA protected. Travel with confidence!
Contact us and we can help you:
- to stay longer and discover more, this package can be extended -
- to book additional excursions -
- if you have specific accommodation requirements -
- to book this package with or without flights -
All Iceland cooperates with all the airlines that fly to Iceland, Icelandair, Wow air, easyJet and British Airways. We can assist you to find the optimal flight package. The airlines fly to Keflavik International airport.
Icelandair operates flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast City. Icelandair offers 3 classes, Economy, Economy Comfort and Saga Business Class.
WOW Air operates flights from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Dublin and Bristol
EasyJet offers flights from London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
British Airways offers flights from London Heathrow
We can provide a package with or without flights. When enquiring about a specific holiday package, let us know what airport you prefer to fly from.
Air Iceland offers Domestic flights between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Akureyri, Egilsstaðir, Ísafjörður, Vopnafjörður, Grímsey and Þórshöfn.
Fugfélagið Ernir offers Domestic flights to Vestmannaeyjar, Höfn, Húsavík, Bíldudalur and Gjögur.
All Iceland offers holiday packages to Greenland and Faroe Islands in addition to Iceland. We work with the following airlines that offer flights to these destinations.
Atlantic Airways offers flights from Edinburgh to Faroe Islands
Air Greenland offers flights from Copenhagen to Greenland
Air Iceland offers flights from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Faroe Islands and Greenland
At All Iceland we tailor make holidays for our customers.
With this in mind you cannot book this holiday directly on the website but please send us an enquiry or give us a call and we will help you to create your once in a lifetime holiday. Contact our team of Icelandic Experts today and start planning with us!