Winter Image of Ilulissat Greenland
This 5 nights unique winter break gives you the opertunity to visit West Greenland during winter months for 3 nights with a stay in Reykjavík, Iceland, on your first and last night. Experience everything the Arctic has to offer in the winter months. The town of Ilulissat, 300 kms north of the Polar Circle is THE place to explore winter pursuits such as dog sledging and iceberg cruising – all whilst staying at the comfortable 4-star Hotel Arctic.
- See the spectacular icebergs of Ilulissat
- Hunt for the Northern Lights
- Various options for additional excursions including dog sledding, snow shoe walks and Iceberg cruise
Pre and post night in Reykjavik with option to add on more nights to enjoy Iceland
ITINERARY SUGGESTION - 5 Nights
Day 1 - Friday - Arrival in Iceland
Arrival at Keflavík International Airport, transfer to your hotel in Reykjavík where you will spend one night.
Optional: Northern Lights Hunt Tour
Depending on your arrival times, you may have time for Northern Light hunt tour.
The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis are a spectacular natural phenomenon.The locations visited are different every tour since we go where it’s most likely to see the Northern Lights each day. This tour is depending on weather and sightings are not guaranteed. If you don't see the lights on your tour you are welcome to join the tour again free of charge the following night.You will be picked up from your hotel at 8:30 / 9:30 pm by an experienced English speaking guide. You will travel in a coach to the best locations which will vary depending on the weather and viewing conditions. Duration is around 3 hours.
Please note, more options are available such as Super Jeep tour, Boat tours and more. Ask for details.
Day 2 - Saturday - Head to Greenland
Morning flight from Reykjavik to Ilulissat (about 3 hours). Transfer to the hotel and welcome meeting at 4 star Hotel Arctic. After the welcome meeting with your local guide enjoy a guided city walk of Ilulissat.
When visiting Greenland, most people want to see the icebergs, and the destination to see icebergs is without a doubt Ilulissat. Due to the town's location north of the Polar Circle there is also a good chance of seeing Northern Lights in Ilulissat.
Included meals: Breakfast and dinner
Accommodation: Hotel Arctic
Day 3 and 4 - Sunday and Monday - Optional Excursion
Enjoy leisure days with a selection of optional excursions from Ilulissat. There are lots of options, for example: imagine travelling by dog sledge with your Inuit hunter to isolated villages or to the fishing grounds on the frozen fjords. This is a journey into the world of the old polar explorers. If you prefer to get up close and personal to the Icebergs, the Iceberg cruises on the Ilulissat Fjord provide the perfect opportunity to get close to these gigantic sculptures created by nature.
- THE ICEBERGS OF SERMERMIUT | 2-3 HOURS
- HUNTERS' SETTLEMENT RODEBAY | 6 HOURS
- ICEBERG CRUISE BY BOAT | 2 ½ HOURS
- HUNTERS' SETTLEMENT ILIMANAQ | 6 HOURS
- NORTHERN LIGHTS NIGHT RIDER | 2 HOURS
- NORTHERN LIGHT SNOW SHOE WALK | 2 HOURS
- SNOW SHOE EXPEDITION | 2 HOURS
- DOG SLEDGE ADVENTURE - 2 PAX PER SLEDGE | 2 OR 5 HOURS
- RENT OF THERMAL CLOTHES (ILULISSAT) | 1 DAY
- SIGHTSEEING IN KANGERLUSSUAQ | 2 HOURS
- THE INLAND ICE CAP | 4 - 5 HOURS
- ARCTIC NATURE TOUR | 1½ HOUR
- DOG SLEDGE EXPERIENCE | 2 OR 4 HOURS
Included meals: Breakfast and farewell dinner Monday night
Accommodation: Hotel Arctic
Day 5 - Tuesday - Departure from Greenland, arrival in Iceland
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport. Flight with Air Iceland from Ilulissat to Reykjavik Domestic Airport around lunch time.
Overnight stay in Reykjavik
Day 6 - Wednesday - Departure for home
Transfer from the hotel in Reykjavik to Keflavik airport or prolong your stay to have more time to enjoy the northernmost capital of the world.
Optional Excursion: Visit to the Blue Lagoon
Depending on your flight time you may want to enjoy the Blue Lagoon for 2-3 hours. You can book a treatment if you like, have a lunch at the Blue Lagoon or just relax in this wonderful spa. If you have a morning flight, you can do the Blue Lagoon as a day trip from Reykjavík or on arrival.
Departure to the UK from Keflavík International Airport.
Departures: every Friday from 17th of February to 31st of March 2017
Price is from £..* per person based on 2 people sharing double/twin room
Single room supplement from £...*
Upgrade to superior room: £...*
*Subject to availability
- Return flights from the UK including 20kg luggage allowance, taxes and fees
- 2 nights accommation in Reykjavík, 3 star standard hotel including breakfast
- Return shuttle bus airport transfer between Keflavík International Airport and Reykjavík Hotel
- Return flight Reykjavík-Ilulissat-Reykjavík including airport taxes
- Return Hotel/airport transfers in Greenland
- 3 nights at the 4 star Hotel Arctic in standard rooms with private facilities including breakfast
- Arctic Adventure representative in Ilulissat and information meeting on arrival
- Welcome and farwell dinner at Hotel Arctic
- Guided city walk of Ilulissat included on arrival day
- Arctic Adventure destination guide in Ilulissat, with welcome meeting with local guide at the hotel
- Booking fee £10 per person
- ATOL Protection fee £2.50 per person (only applicable if flights are booked through All Iceland)
- Debit/credit card fees
- Optional Excursions
- Travel Insurance
- Anything else not specifically listed under "this includes"
Why book with All Iceland?
All Iceland is a UK based travel company that specialises in Iceland
Book with the Icelandic experts!
Our office is staffed and run by Icelanders, we promise intimate local knowledge from where to stay to places to eat and the hidden gems that you will not find in tourist guides. We will help you get the holiday you want and we can adapt this package. Book through us and your holiday will also be fully ATOL and ABTA protected. Travel with confidence!
Contact us and we can help you:
- to stay longer and discover more, this package can be extended -
- to book additional excursions -
- if you have specific accommodation requirements -
- to book this package with or without flights -
All Iceland cooperates with all the airlines that fly to Iceland, Icelandair, Wow air, easyJet and British Airways. We can assist you to find the optimal flight package. The airlines fly to Keflavik International airport.
Icelandair operates flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Belfast City. Icelandair offers 3 classes, Economy, Economy Comfort and Saga Business Class.
WOW Air operates flights from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Dublin and Bristol
EasyJet offers flights from London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
British Airways offers flights from London Heathrow
We can provide a package with or without flights. When enquiring about a specific holiday package, let us know what airport you prefer to fly from.
Air Iceland offers Domestic flights between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Akureyri, Egilsstaðir, Ísafjörður, Vopnafjörður, Grímsey and Þórshöfn.
Fugfélagið Ernir offers Domestic flights to Vestmannaeyjar, Höfn, Húsavík, Bíldudalur and Gjögur.
All Iceland offers holiday packages to Greenland and Faroe Islands in addition to Iceland. We work with the following airlines that offer flights to these destinations.
Atlantic Airways offers flights from Edinburgh to Faroe Islands
Air Greenland offers flights from Copenhagen to Greenland
Air Iceland offers flights from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Faroe Islands and Greenland
At All Iceland we tailor make holidays for our customers.
With this in mind you cannot book this holiday directly on the website but please send us an enquiry or give us a call and we will help you to create your once in a lifetime holiday. Contact our team of Icelandic Experts today and start planning with us!